Three Crowns Park is a not-for-profit full service continuing care retirement community located in Evanston, Illinois. Three Crowns Park has cultivated a culture of change that is exemplified by a dedicated team of professionals who share the commitment to provide an unparalleled level of service and care for our residents.
At Three Crowns Park we are committed to providing an outstanding work environment by investing significant time and resources in training programs to help our team realize the rewards of a job well done. We welcome the opportunity to provide professional advancement and personal discovery to our team.
Three Crowns Park seeks motivated individuals who share our passion and find personal fulfillment in providing genuine hospitality to our senior population.
Three Crowns Park benefit plan includes:
- Prescription Drugs
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
We also offer a 401(k) and a resident driven education assistance program to qualifying team members.
Click for a complete description.
Northwest Evanston not-for-profit continuing care retirement community seeks experienced Maintenance Mechanic with HVAC knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities
Individual will perform a wide variety of general maintenance services and repairs. Insures that buildings and equipment are maintained in a safe, clean and orderly condition in accordance with health and fire regulations; maintains maintenance inventory records and files; prepares reports; monitors maintenance schedules to assure tasks are performed in a timely manner; perform preventative maintenance service to machinery and equipment, and inspects equipment and diagnoses trouble or malfunctions.
- Electrical: Performs electrical repair work in wiring for switches, outlets, plugs, cables, power circuits and appliances; repairs lighting systems; inspects electrical systems for unsafe conditions; maintains and regularly tests working condition of safety equipment including fire alarm, emergency lighting, and intercom systems.
- Plumbing: Painting: Identifies plumbing problems; repairs and maintains plumbing leaks or breaks above and below ground; repairs and maintains appropriate functioning systems including sewer/supply lines and drains and fire sprinkler and suppression systems; replaces washers and other minor parts; maintains all underground water lines; maintains drinking fountains; repairs, replaces and maintains hot water heaters; applies and prepares various surfaces for paint, enamel, lacquer, varnish or stain; repairs wall coverings.
- Safety/Security/Sanitation: Responds to, reports, and removes any safety hazards; reports and repairs damage to property; reports unauthorized visitors; secures gates, doors, windows, and grounds; sets alarm system and responds to afterhours alarm calls; responds to emergency cleanups such as spills and clogged drains.
- Knowledge of methods used in maintenance and building repair including basic knowledge of uniform code books, electrical wiring, plumbing, carpentry, glass replacement, painting, and grounds maintenance including sprinkler systems; basic math; safety practices and procedures relating to the building trades.
- Skill and Ability to use a variety of hand tools and equipment; communicate effectively in both oral and written form; receive and give instructions, and prepare work orders and reports; measure distance and calculate quantities; read blueprints; review and identify projects needed to be serviced by outside contractors; maintain files and inventory records of supplies; set priorities; coordinate several projects simultaneously; plan and coordinate work schedules; assist in training, planning and directing the work of other employees; provide technical support as the working lead; develop and maintain effective working relationships with other staff, and community.
- High school diploma and 2 years of trade school.
- 5 years of on-the-job related experience.
- Holds a license or certification for CFC usage.
- Experience at a CCRC as a maintenance tech is a plus.
- Ability to deal with frequent interruptions.
- Follow directions and instructions.
- Identify safety and hazards and act accordingly.
- Ability to complete PM to the highest standards possible.